Household hazardous waste can be taken to the Harris County facility at 6900 Hahl Road. This facility is open to residents of Harris County who reside outside of the Houston city limits. There is no fee for this service.
Open to public for Collection:
- 9:00am-3:00pm -Every Wednesday
- 9:00am-2:00pm -Every 2nd Saturday of the month
The facility may close during inclement weather.
Please call 281-560-6230 for closure information.
Every 4th Saturday of the month on select months.
- Aerosols, except for Freon and mace
- Automobile products, such as gas and motor oil
- Batteries, up to car-battery size
- Compact fluorescent lights and fluorescent tubes
- Fats, oil and grease
- Fire extinguishers
- Household cleaners
- Items containing mercury
- Mercury thermometers
- Pool chemicals
- Small and barbecue size propane cylinders
- Tires, up to five per visit
- Yard products, such as fertilizers and pesticides
Items not collected:
- Waste from businesses
- Electronics (computers/TVs/DVR/radios/etc)
- Explosives (including ammunition and firecrackers)
- Medical/biological/radioactive materials (including smoke detectors)
- Household appliances
- Municipal trash.
Harris County is committed to providing residents the ability to dispose of household chemicals and other hazardous household items in the most cost efficient, safe and environmentally compliant manner.
You may subscribe to the counties’ listserve to receive monthly e-mails on upcoming HHW collection information such as closure dates, pharmaceutical collection dates, and fourth Saturday locations and dates.
To subscribe and for up-to-date schedules and information please visit their website: eng.hctx.net
REMEMBER: Fats, oils, and grease can block flow in household plumbing lines and cause backups. Additionally, disposal of these fluids into our wastewater treatment system increases the demand on the system and ultimately costs residents money. Please dispose of these products properly!