Northampton MUD contracts with Resident Recycling & Refuse of Texas, Inc. to collect our community’s garbage and trash. The fee for monthly garbage collection is $17.60 and is added into the sewer rate on residents’ water bills.
The collection days are TUESDAY and FRIDAY. Residents must place items out by 7:00 am.
If a major holiday falls on a garbage collection day, pickup will resume on the next scheduled collection day following the observed holiday. Observed holidays are:
New Year’s Day
Please use the following guidelines for your trash pickup:
- Residents will provide their own trash containers.
- Up to six (6) cans of properly contained household waste each weighing less than 40 pounds will be accepted for weekly pickup.
- Household garbage takes priority over yard waste. If the trucks are getting full, household garbage will be taken first, and a truck will return that day to pick up remaining yard waste.
- Trash must be out by 7:00 am the day of pickup. Trash must be visible from the street and accessible.
- Yard waste will be collected at the curb and must be placed in sturdy plastic bags weighing no more than 40 pounds. During heavy seasons up to 10 bags of yard waste will be picked up. More bags will be picked up if room allows.
- Under normal circumstances, most garbage is picked up by 5:00 pm. If for any reason pickup is not completed on a service day, a truck will return the next morning.
- All branches and tree trimmings should be no more than 3 inches in diameter and no longer than four (4) feet in length. Bundles must be securely tied and weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Bulk items will be picked up curbside once a week on Friday. There is a limit of one bulk item per household per week.
- Excluded items: It is illegal to transport any hazardous waste in a trash truck and dispose of it in a landfill. Hazardous waste includes: medical waste, any appliance containing Freon, acids, car batteries, dead animals, and chemicals of any kind, car parts, car tires, and construction trash (includes concrete, large quantities of carpeting, fencing, rolls of carpet or any construction type material or debris). Toxic or radioactive waste, paint, petroleum products or filters are not accepted. Other excluded items include: Large pieces of glass (must be broken down in smaller pieces and placed in a closed box and labeled), large sofas and sleepers over five (5) feet in length, furniture with metal frames and other metal items, improperly contained animal waste (must be placed in a sealed bag to be serviced).
- Any CFC (Freon) item will not be collected but tagged, they will be left at curb. Landfills no longer will accept any item that may contain Freon.
- Bulk items which are too large for Contractor to put in with the normal weekly pickup may be collected separately upon request. Party requesting service will be billed separately at a negotiated price depending on size, quantity and handling required to remove and dispose of item(s).
Please contact Residential Recycling and Refuse of Texas at 866-516-9805 should you have any questions regarding garbage services. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, Monday through Friday. If you feel RRRT is not handling your problem in a timely manner, please contact the MUD building at 281-376-3499 or any Board Member.
Please help maintain our subdivision’s good looks by keeping your trash at the back door for pickup. If you must use the curbside feature, please do not set anything out until the evening before or the morning of our scheduled pickup.
The composting of lawn and garden refuse is encouraged. We also highly discourage residents from blowing yard refuse into the storm drains.