New Recycling Information – Effective April 1st 2022
Only use clear bags or recycling containers. Items in black or white trash bags will not be picked up.
Residential Recycling of Texas, a member of the Best Trash family, contracts with Northampton MUD to provide curbside recycling for Northampton residents. Recycling services are included as part of your water bill. The fee for recycling is $3.90 and is added into the sewer rate on residents’ water bills. The District provides one recycle bin per household for new residents. Bins may be picked up at the MUD office between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., weekdays. For additional capacity, residents may use any idle trashcan or container. Recycling emblem stickers are available at the MUD office.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact RRT at 346-248-5222 or 866-516-9805. You may visit their website at www.rrrtx.net.
Pickup day is Wednesday of each week. Please have recycle bins out to curbside by 7:00 a.m. If a holiday falls on a Wednesday, on one of the holiday’s listed below, service will resume the following week on Wednesday.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Please have bins out by 6:30 a.m.
- Please leave lids off all plastic containers – helps with compression – lids can go in recycling bin.
- Please rinse any residue from containers.
- Please breakdown any medium and large cardboard boxes.
- Please remember we cannot take any type of Styrofoam products (packing peanuts, cups, plants, egg cartons, etc.)
- No need to separate items – everything goes into the same recycling bin.
- Excess items may be put in a regular trash can that has been marked as “recycling” or any white, clear or blue trash bag – no black bags will be picked up (we have to be able to see inside for possible contamination).
- On windy days please place items in a white or clear trash bag and set it in the recycling bin (this prevents items from blowing out and across the yard and street).
- Paper – magazines, newspapers, copy paper, computer paper, etc.
- Plastics – juice, water, milk, soda, cleaning and detergent containers (if in doubt, please check container for stamp, most plastics have mold stamp that indicates #1, #2, etc.).
- Aluminum – any type of soda, beer, drink, etc.
- Tin Cans – any food can, pet food, etc.
- Cardboard – boxes, cereal, food, detergent, pet food, etc. please break down large boxes).
- Glass – recyclable jars and bottles
**Please lightly rinse out all containers. Recyclables are delivered to a certified recycling center and they prefer clean as much as possible. Thanks for your help with this.
Unfortunately not everything in our homes fall under the “household recycling” heading and so there are items which cannot be accepted on the weekly routes. These items either fall under the hazardous waste umbrella or simply just not recyclable.
- Air Filters
- Food/Pizza boxes
- Hazardous Materials, paint, oil
- Light bulbs
- Medical waste
- Paper plates
- Paper towels/napkins
- Scrap metal
- Styrofoam (all types)
- Yard waste/compost items
Thank you for participating!